|pictures courtesy of Weirick Communications|
Good eats and helping others!
May 12 Executive Chef Bill Glover, Gallerie Bar & Bistro is playing host to top chefs for a James Beard Foundation (JBF) Celebrity Chefs Tour dinner. It all begins at 6:30 p.m. Tickets to this extraordinary eight-course dégustation are $110-$170 each and are available at JamesBeard.org. Having been recently invited to cook at the historic James Beard House, Glover has hosted two JBF Celebrity Chef Tour dinners at Gallerie.
The event will be held in the beautiful Hilton Columbus Downtown located in the arts and entertainment district--Short North.
The collaborative menu will be preceded by hors d' oeuvres and a cache of culinary cocktails created by celebrated mixologist Travis Owens of Curio at Harvest. Owens will use award-winning spirits from Columbus distillers Watershed Distillery and Middle West Spirits. Local craft beers from Jackie O’s Brewery in Athens and North High Brewing in Columbus will also be served. Master Sommelier James Tidwell of TexSom (Dallas) will arrange wine pairings for the dinner.
Chefs and Hors d ‘Oeuvres include:
· Josh Dalton of Veritas in Delaware, OH: a Vegetable Terrarium + Crispy Ants
· Andrew Smith of Salt & Pine in Columbus: Pig Heart, Trout Roe, “Bacony” Onion, Urfa
· Avishar Barua of Service Bar in Columbus: Chicken Liver, Semolina, Tamarind, Apple, Mint
· Seth Lassak of Wolf’s Ridge Brewing in Columbus: Smoked Scallop, English Pea, Bowfin Caviar, Pea Tendril
· Marcus Meacham of Tastemaker/Tastemade Studios: Smoked Benton’s Ham, Pickled Mustard Seeds, Swiss Mousse
Chefs and Courses include:
· Bill Glover of Gallerie Bar and Bistro: Hamachi Crudo with Sea Truffle, Sea Beans, Fermented Black Bean, Lemon Espuma, Cherry Bomb Radish, Olive Oil and Togarashi
· Kevin Sousa of Superior Motors in Pittsburgh: Razor Clam with Escargot Caviar, Potato-Miso Espuma, Ramp Leaf and Morels
· Ryan Beck of Burnham in Cleveland: Hudson Valley Foie Gras with Smoked Liverwurst, Foie Gras Torchon, Fermented Sunchokes, Coffee Toast
· Todd Kelly of Orchids at Palm Court in Cincinnati: Roasted Squab Breast with Preserved Corn Puree, Soy, Whipped Truffle and Dates
· JBF Award Winner Anne Kearney of Rue Dumaine in Dayton: Black Pepper Juniper Venison Loin, Pea Shoots, Carrot Rhubarb Confit, Bordeaux-Shallot Vinaigrette, Micro Arugula
· Paul Virant of Perennial Virant in Chicago: Shaved Smoked Pork Loin, Crispy Belly, Caillette, Pomme Duchesse, Morels, Red Wine Jus
· Devon Morgan of Gallerie Bar and Bistro: Rhubarb, Almond Cremeux, Rosemary Lemon Dacquoise, Brown Butter Crumb, Dehydrated Strawberry
· Avishar Barua of Service Bar in Columbus: Peanut, Bourbon, Chocolate "Buckeye"
About the James Beard Foundation
The James Beard Foundation is a national not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization based in New York City with a mission to celebrate, nurture and honor America's diverse culinary heritage through programs that educate and inspire. Dedicated to exploring the way food enriches our lives, The James Beard Foundation is at the center of America's culinary community. A cookbook author and teacher, James Beard was a champion of American cuisine and helped educate and mentor generations of professional chefs and food enthusiasts. In addition to maintaining the historic James Beard House in New York’s Greenwich Village as a “performance space” for visiting chefs, including Hilton Columbus' Bill Glover, the Foundation has created a robust online community and hosts conferences, tastings, lectures, workshops and food-related art exhibits around the country.
About Hilton Columbus Downtown
Opened in 2012 to great fanfare, the stunning Hilton Columbus Downtown is a AAA Four Diamond full-service hotel located in the dynamic Short North arts and entertainment district. Led by Executive Chef Bill Glover, its restaurant Gallerie Bar & Bistro wins frequent accolades and is consistently listed on "Best of Lists," including "Best Burger" since its opening. Hilton Columbus Downtown was recently awarded the Hilton brand's prestigious Connie Award for the second year in a row. With 532 beautifully appointed guest rooms and 32,000 sq. ft. of premier event space, the hotel is connected to the Greater Columbus Convention Center via a sculptural glass walkway that's illuminated in ever-changing colored lights and is itself a work of art. The hotel features a stunning art collection of more than 280 original works by internationally significant artists with a strong connection to Columbus. The dramatic works of art are displayed in Gallerie Bar and Bistro, function space, guest rooms and public areas of the hotel. Details and reservations are available at HiltonColumbusDowntown.com.